Re: [ADMIN] Installing 6.3.2 and 6.4 in the same machine - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Installing 6.3.2 and 6.4 in the same machine
Date
List pgsql-admin
At 20:43 +0200 on 24/11/98, Antonio Garcia Mari wrote:

> I have multiple databases running on a linux server. I'd like to
> hardly test 6.4 before upgrading. Can i run a 6.4 postmaster in
> the same machine i'm running 6.3.2?

Yes, install it on a separate tree. Under the postgres superuser, define
your environment variables (PGDATA, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc.) to point to that
tree, define PGPORT to a differet port than the default, and run the
postmaster.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.